Since my husband is a chef, it is natural for us to want to make our own baby food instead of buying ready to eat commercial food. It is also cheaper this way and I believe this is a healthier choice since we know exactly what we are feeding our baby, no preservatives and no additives.
My husband bought this set from Amazon, a few months back, in preparation for the time when baby will start eating solid food. If you are pumping breast milk, you can also store your expressed milk in this container for freezing. (I wish I did this before instead of freezing my milk in my Avent cups.)
What I like about it:
- Clear body – If you make different food mixtures at a time, you can easily identify what food is inside.
- Measurement markings – It is easy for us to know how much portion of food we pack.
- Stackable – Since it comes with plastic tray, stacking is very easy. Our freezer looks very organized.
- Square container – This saves more freezer space instead of the round shaped containers.
- Leak proof & airtight – We can bring this when we go out, without fear that the content will spill in our diaper bag.
- Flexible use – When baby is older, we can use this to bring his snacks.
- P.V.C, phthalate and BPA free – It does not leech any chemical into baby’s food.
- Freezer and Microwave safe.
- The parts are very easy to take apart, clean and re-assemble.
- It is very easy to open and to close the container.
What I don’t like about it:
- It stains. Some of my blocks have slight discolorations already. We’ve been feeding baby squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Yellow tone is a little strong that’s why our blocks have minimal yellow stains/discolorations in them.
Will I recommend it to other moms? YES
Will I purchase more? Maybe not. I think we have enough in circulation as of the moment.
– Mommy R